Friday, August 2, 2013

Forgiven, He Whispered

Forgiven, He Whispered

Peggy K. Mack

If I could take it all away,
mistakes I've made
those wasted days
friends lost from lack of care and love
I'd find the peace I need.

I cannot change my silent past,
those chances lost,
I've paid the cost,
only to have them stored within my mind
where time will slowly heal.

What can I do?
Where do I turn?
When we fail are we forever doomed
to carry the burden of our mistakes,
No, not if we believe.

God knows I'll fall and fail,again,
I'll feel the pain,
repeat the blame,
that lingers close when answers are slow
within the wall of guilt.

What can I do?
Where do I turn?
When I fail am I forever doomed
to carry the burdens of my mistakes?
No, not if I believe.

Forgiven he whispered to my heart,
comfort is mine,
sweet peace of mind,
with freedom to live and learn and love
the life He gave to me.

Forgiven he whispered to my heart...
Now I am free, I live in love,
and I will do the same....
forgive all those who cause me pain
Oh! I will do the same.

Forgiven he whispered to my heart
And I will do the same.




Matthew 11:28-30

New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.


No comments:

Post a Comment